Entering into a UK Career and UK Visas

Last modified date

Comments: 0

English is the international language of commerce, politics and international law. After studying a business English course your job opportunities in the UK will increase and a business English course will also be useful for those seeking advancement within companies anywhere in the world. Studying a second language allows you to show your capabilities in learning complex skills which potential employers will look for. If you want to stay and work in the UK after your course there are lots of options available to international students. Below are the three most common visa schemes available to international students: Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 5. Within each of the tiers there are categories which are created to separate the different workers coming into the UK. The visas shown below are for those who are applying for visas outside of the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland. You can check if you need a UK visa at GOV.UK.

Tier 1 – UK Visas

There are 4 main visas available within tier 1, Entrepreneur, Graduate Entrepreneur, Exceptional Talent and Investor. You can apply for the tier 1 Entrepreneur visa if you want to set up or run a business in the UK, whereas if you want to apply for the tier 1 Graduate Entrepreneur visa you must be a graduate who has been officially endorsed as having a genuine and credible business idea. You must be officially endorsed by the UK Trade and Investment (UKTI) or a UK higher education institution (HEI).

To apply for the tier 1 Exceptional Talent visa you must be endorsed as a recognised leader (exceptional talent) or an emerging leader (exceptional promise) within fields such as science, humanities, engineering, medicine, digital technology or the arts. The final visa that is available within tier 1 is the Investor. You can only apply for the form of visa if you want to invest a minimum of £2,000,000 in the UK.







Tier 2 – UK Visas

Within tier 2 there are 4 main categories, General, Intra-company Transfer, Minister of Religion and Sportsperson. The general visa within tier 2 is available to those who have been offered a skilled job in the UK, whereas an Intra-company visa is available to those who have an overseas employer who have offered you a role in a UK branch of the organisation. You can apply for a Minister of Religion visa if you have been offered a job within the faith community (e.g. as a missionary or a member of a religious order). The final visa within tier 2 is the Sportsperson visa. You can apply for this category visa in you are an elite sportsperson or qualified coach recognised by your sport’s governing body as internationally established at the highest level and have endorsement from your sport’s governing body.

London Centre

Tier 5 – UK Visas

There are 4 main visas available within tier 5 all relating to temporary work such as Charity, Creative and Sporting, Government Authorised Exchange and International Agreement. The Charity worker visa within tier 5 is a visa for those who want to come to the UK to complete unpaid voluntary work for a charity, whereas the creative and sporting temporary worker visa is available to those who have been offered work as a sportsperson or creative worker within the UK. The Government Authorised Exchange visa is a visa available to those who want to come to the UK for a short time for work experience or to do training, an Overseas Government Language Programme, research or a fellowship through an approved government authorised exchange scheme, whereas the International Agreement visa within tier 5 is for those who will be coming to the UK to complete contracted work which is covered by international law. All 4 of the temporary work visas require a certain level of sponsorship, to find out more about working in the UK after your Business English course and how a UK Study can help further your career visit English Study Breaks today. You can also visit the UK government website to learn more about UK work visas.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Post comment